Two year EC funding for Media Literacy projects
The European Education and Culture Executive Agency has announced the new call for proposals for Media and Information Literacy projects. The call is under the Creative Europe Programme (CREA). The deadline for the submissions is on 30 March 2023 17.00 CET.
The objective is to promote media literacy in order to enable citizens to use, and develop a critical understanding of, the media and support knowledge sharing and exchanges on media literacy policies and practices.
Support will encourage knowledge sharing and exchanges on media literacy policies and practices to enable the development of innovative cross-border media literacy initiatives and communities across Europe, in a continuously changing digital media landscape and taking into account current user behaviour among variousage groups.
The Call for Proposals will result in:
- pan-European consortia, scaling up best practices across national, cultural and linguistic borders, and developing and upscaling media literacy tools and actions to ensure the transfer of such practices to the widest possible audience, covering different types of media delivery modalities
- forums for exchange of best practices around specific age groups, groups with limited media literacy skills or access, or those at risk of social exclusion
- support for media literacy professionals to adapt their practices to fast-developing media formats and changing media consumption patterns.
- Eligible countries: as described in the Call document.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: as described in the Call document.
- Proposal page limits and layout: refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
For more information please check the EC Funding & Tender opportunities page.
Written by Julia Alajarvi, picture by Dylan Gillis/Unsplash